← Back to FAQs

Can I add someone to my study team that is not a faculty member, employee or student of Washington University or is not an employee of Barnes Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children’s Hospital or Boone Hospital?

Washington University IRB takes on oversight of these individuals on a case by case basis. An agreement with the individual or their institution will be required if it is determined that the WU IRB will serve as their IRB.

You may request to add study team members from other institutions via a Limited Access request. See FAQ titled, “How does someone request a Limited Access ID?” for information on how to submit the request in myIRB.   The individual will need to complete CITI training and obtain a Limited Access ID.