Login Changes to myIRB_Stage2
WHAT is happening?
The Human Research Protection Office (HRPO) is introducing a new ID management system for accessing myIRB. This involves several infrastructure changes to improve the way the system manages user identities.
This change will be effective in myIRB on 06.18.2015 at 9:00 PM.
WHAT will be different?
Starting 06.18.2015, navigate to https://hrpo.wustl.edu/ and select myIRB. You’ll be presented with a new login screen. Refer to the login instructions below to determine which login option you should use.
CURRENT myIRB users – begin at Step 1 below.
NEW myIRB users – begin at Step 2 below.
*Delegates may not be able to complete the delegate login until after the Principal Investigator has completed the new login process.
1. Login instructions for CURRENT myIRB users:
a. The FIRST time you log in after the effective date/time:
- Click the WUSTL key button to login.
- Depending on your current status, you may need to follow additional instructions on the screen to finish the transition to the new ID system.
b. AFTER completing Step 1.a above and each time you log in
after that, choose the appropriate log-in button as described below:
- WUSTL Key Login: Use this button to login if you are a permanent Washington University employee or student.
- BJC-NT User Login: Use this button to login if you are a permanent Barnes Jewish Hospital or St. Louis Children’s Hospital employee.
- HRPO ID Login: Use this button if you have received a HRPO ID.
2. Login instructions for NEW myIRB users:
a. Choose the appropriate log-in button as described below:
- WUSTL Key Login: Use this button to log in if you are a permanent Washington University employee or student.
- BJC-NT User Login: Use this button to log in if you are a permanent Barnes Jewish Hospital or St Louis Children’s Hospital employee.
- Request a HRPO ID: Use this button if you are not a student or employee of Washington University, Barnes Jewish Hospital or St. Louis Children’s Hospital. Once you receive your HRPO ID, you will access the system by logging in using the “HRPO ID Login” button.
WHY is this being done?
The HRPO and IRBs provide services for many researchers including permanent WUSTL employees and students, permanent BJH and SLCH employees and in some cases, individuals who are not affiliated with WUSTL, BJH, or SLCH. As we continue to expand our services we need an ID Management System that supports secure, controlled access to our researchers while preventing access to those who are not within our oversight scope. In addition, this system needs to allow individuals with more than one ID (such as an employee who is also a student) to seamlessly access the system under any of their ID roles. Our new ID Management System will greatly improve our management of these multiple ID systems, create a more controlled access environment, and support future growth opportunities.
If you login to myIRB after the changes go into effect and you don’t see all of your studies, please contact the HRPO office for assistance at the number below.
HOW do I get more information?
There may be additional changes that impact your experience using myIRB. HRPO will be sending emails with specific instructions to user groups based upon the type of ID(s) they have to further explain the changes that can be expected.
WHO should I contact with questions or concerns?
Call HRPO at 314.747.6800 and request to speak with a member of the myIRB Project Team.